Hey! Alex here. Everyone has problems, right? You have problems, I have problems, our friends have problems, our families have problems, animals have problems, plants have problems… Recently, I've been brainstorming some ideas to try and help others see the good in themselves. I've tried telling people how amazing they are, but it never seemed to stick. With all the effort I've put into thinking, I've finally thought of something. Perhaps, it shouldn't be someone telling someone else that they're great, it should be themselves!
This being said, the instructions and rules are simple to this small challenge.
Take a few minutes to type a list of fifteen positive things about yourself.
After making the list, write a positive message to yourself. End it by finishing this sentence:
- "I'm <insert name here> and ____!"
I want users ( only if you want to make your response public ) to comment their contribution to this down in the comment section. To keep this page to a small amount and not exploding of gigantic masses of comments, you should probably put your list in an expand/collapse code or do it on a subpage of your profile. A sample of the expand/collpase code would be:
<div class="mw-customtoggle-minor" style="width:100%; text-align:left; color:red;">Text to click on for it to show.</div> <div class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" id="mw-customcollapsible-minor">Your list here.</div>
Don't forget to add a signature. :D
- You are not allowed to put any negative/unsure connotations in your list.
- Examples of these are the phrases: “I guess,” “I suppose,” “But whatever,” “Although it won't last.”
- Only put in the things that you, yourself, have a liking about you.
- What I mean: Don't say something just because you want to get the list over with and go back to hating yourself. This is a list for you to use and look at whenever you start to self-loathe/feel like nothing will ever get better.
Without further ado, get to making your list! I'm sure it can help somehow. :)